Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes U Public Site Manager?

Anyone have any info on the webcast next June 29th? looking to see if there are any new features that will improve moving courses between sections other than woolamaloo's automator actions?

2.66 ghz Quad core intel xeon (2009), Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 7:19 AM

18 replies

Jun 30, 2010 10:01 AM in response to NYU SOM

I have also been unable to find the documentation.

I'm also slightly concerned because we currently have an unlaunched site, and we have decided to postpone our launch slightly and get up and running within Public Site Manager from the start. As we are unlaunched the webcast said to check the box for considering inclusion into the iTunes store and they would sort out access to Public Site Manager. I hope they realise we don't want to go live yet (we don't have enough content loaded in yet anyway), I did send an email to the itunes-u-request email address featured in the webcast.

Jun 30, 2010 5:29 PM in response to NYU SOM

"Introducing iTunes U Public Site Manager" announcement is displaying in my iTunes Windows Desktop application (fully updated) after I login, and there is no way presented to close it or exit out of this notification message. I can't get to anything on the site at all to edit/upload/manage/etc.

How can this 'notification' be removed and/or closed?

Jun 30, 2010 10:50 PM in response to NYU SOM

This "iTunes U Public Site Manager" notice should not have been sent to Windows desktop applications if it was going to completely disable access to iTunes U for those of us who don't have a MAC.

I downloaded iTunes for Windows (not MAC), so notifications/announcements delivered from Apple, Inc. should not be causing this problem.

I am disappointed that Apple didn't test this before sending out this message.

Due to the fact that I currently only access iTunes U via Apple ID in the desktop application, I am unable to do anything on our institution's site until such time as I can find a MAC from which to clear this notification.

Jul 8, 2010 12:33 PM in response to Duncan Bernhardt

We currently have public content in our iTunes U site in which we use blackboard and the Plug-in from Vanderbilt to allow users to "login" with their credentials and modify only their welcome sites and not others.

Will anything like this be possible with Public Site Manager or will every administrator be able to change all public content?

Thanks

Jake

iTunes U Public Site Manager?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.