Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete address from list which appears when sending email from iPod

When I want to prepare an email on the iPod and open the list of addresses, there is one that I want to delete from the list as it is no longer valid, but I have not found a way to do that. I have removed the address from the Address Book, Previous Recipients, and other sources, but it still appears. The Apple store says to do a Restore, but I would like to think there's a less drastic way to delete the address.

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 5:31 PM

2 replies

Jun 24, 2010 6:13 PM in response to TommieJ

TommieJ wrote:
... I would like to think there's a less drastic way to delete the address.

Not really. The Mail app on the iPhone/iPod Touch does have an option to clear previous recipients. The only way to remove these cached email addresses from the Mail application is restoring the iPhone/iPod Touch as a new phone/iPod. If you restore from backup, the cache is also restored.

This article shows you the screens you will see during the restore: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Or you can ignore it and eventually you won't be offered that address. I don't know how long "eventually" is.

How to delete address from list which appears when sending email from iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.