Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube Not Available

I'm trying to sign in the YouTube app on my iPhone 4 and it keeps giving me this error. Anyone else having this problem and can it be fixed?

24" Aluminum iMac 2.93GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 4GB RAM

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 7:16 PM

21 replies

Aug 17, 2010 12:32 AM in response to Steve Hodson

I'm having the same problem too...

It started 2 days ago.

I have done a hard reset on the phone (home + power until the phone stops), upgraded firmware, done a restore of the phone, and tested YouTube using Safari.

Safari allows me to login with no problems (on both the iPhone and my Mac)... but the YouTube application from Apple doesn't.

I'm running 4.0.2

You're not alone Steve!

Aug 17, 2010 10:34 AM in response to masterchan777

I am having same problem. It started when I used Google for YouTube. And I only did that because it was a way to share liked videos on my Facebook page. I prefer to go back to Apple's YouTube app. So, I went into my account settings for Google YouTube and there is an option to link or unlink Google and your YouTube account. Mine was linked. I unlinked. I went through all the iPhone restarts and am still having the problem.

Aug 17, 2010 10:45 AM in response to Synyster Gates

I was having a different problem with youtube where it was asking me to log in and then when I entered the user name and password it would redirect me to the youtube web site to log in.

I solved the problem by displaying the running app bar (double click the home button) and then deleting the youtube app.

Not sure if this will help but you may want to try deleting from the running app bar all apps that have anything to do with youtube.

Aug 17, 2010 12:28 PM in response to Bohous

I called AppleCare on this one. Issue resolved. No concrete explanation as to cause. My problem existed today when I was on 3G with no access to Wi-Fi. There was a spot during my travels where 3G coverage died out. At home, where I had Wi-Fi, AppleCare tech asked me to switch over to Wi-Fi. When I logged in, I got in, but it was a little sluggish. I did a power down (pushing top button down until you get the red slider, then sliding it over to shut down). Problem is gone.

Aug 17, 2010 3:47 PM in response to Synyster Gates

i have an iPhone 4 with ios 4.0 i was having the same problem since 2 days ago and i couldn't figure what it was until today what i did was hook up my phone to a computer at work and iTunes loaded up then i unlocked the phone and gave it a moment the while my phone was hooked up to the computer and iTunes was loaded i loaded the YouTube app and signed in and it worked with out a problem. i even signed in an out a couple of times and still fine.

sorry about the run-on sentence i hate grammar. 🙂

YouTube Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.