Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF stuck in my Camera Roll!

I didn’t even know such a thing was possible, but it is. Here’s how it happened.

In his column yesterday, Andy Ihnatko said that it was easy to move PDFs into iBooks: “if the Mail app sees a PDF as a file attachment, it can send the file directly into the iBooks library for permanent storage.” Sounds cool, so I attached a PDF to an email and sent it to myself.

I opened the email on my phone, and the PDF opened inline rather than as an attachment. No matter, I did a tap-and-hold on the image, and a moment later there were two buttons: Save Image, or Copy. Hmm, that’s not what I was expecting. No matter, I tapped “Save Image.”

Big mistake.

Now I have said PDF in my Photos -> Camera Roll (the icon is a black square), but of course I can’t view it there. I can’t delete it from there (using the Select Photos button), since the PDF doesn’t show up when I click on it. And it doesn’t appear in iPhoto when I sync because… well, it’s a PDF. But iPhoto does launch on sync now, so it knows something is there.

If I save a new image to my camera roll, it shows up as expected, right next to the black-iconed PDF. I can interact with the new image perfectly, so this is clearly a problem with the PDF file itself, and the fact that it’s stuck where it shouldn’t be.

So is there any way for me to purge my Camera Roll?

This would seem to be a major problem with Mail, since it shouldn’t have given me the option to save a PDF into my Camera Roll to begin with.

Help?

Dual 2.7 MHz PowerPC G5, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 1:51 PM

There are no replies.

PDF stuck in my Camera Roll!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.