Previous 1 2 3 Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 8:13 PM by Kento Ito
Macaby Level 3 Level 3 (910 points)
I got my IP 4 this afternoon and so far, I think it's a great improvement over the previous 3G S. Absolutely no trouble with phone, wifi or 3G.

I realize the phone doesn't use a standard sim card. However, wondering why there was no sim card removal tool like the one that came with the 3G and the 3G S. I suppose a paper clip will do the job if push came to shove.

MB Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.6), 21.5 iMac-IT 8GB-IP 3Gs 32GB-Nano 16GB
  • ChrisJ4203 Level 8 Level 8 (36,675 points)
    Check the packing. According to Apple's website, there is a SIM removal tool in the package. I don't have one, but just going by what they have posted.
  • Macaby Level 3 Level 3 (910 points)
    The "In the box" list on apple.com doesn't list one. I've checked the box several times and there isn't a removal tool in it. It's no big deal, but since my two previous version did have the tool, I was wondering why this one didn't.

Oh, well...
  • Kento Ito Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
    There is no SIM card removal tool, starting with iPhone 4 to save costs, according to Apple employee who I spoke to during the purchase process.

However, a small pin needle should work in opening the SIM card slot.
  • Ian Parkinson Level 6 Level 6 (10,440 points)
    You are incorrect, there IS a SIM card removal tool in the iPhone 4 box, I know because I have one and I used it. It is on the small paper packet the holds the instructions and other paperwork. It is held in place by the 2 small cardboard semi-circular 'wings'.

Ian
  • Paddyuk2301 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Like Ian, I had the removal tool.
  • jayv. Level 4 Level 4 (1,230 points)
    Just checked my box to make sure, no removal tool. I had one in the way you described in my 3G S box but not this with the iPhone 4.

I had not even noticed until i read this post, never used one in previous years. If it's in, it works... why a need to remove it? Not a big deal to me.

What's maybe interesting is that the people that DO have it are mostly from the UK.. i know this shouldn't make any difference at all, coincidence ?

Message was edited by: Pr0digy V.
    On neither the UK or USA sites i see the sim removal tool mentioned for in the box, am i overlooking it?

US: http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
    UK: http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/specs.html
    Maybe it is in the UK models but not the USA models.
    That is possible as the box contents are different.

We get a very different power adapter in the UK, very nice, very small, even the iPhone box is redesigned to hold the different adapter.

Maybe the manufacturing process for the UK packaging being so different is done on a different line or by a different company, who include the tool.

Ian
  • Jbrown23 Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
    only people who said they got one are people in the UK so maybe that is it
    Of course i forgot about the power adapter, the contents ARE different (i assumed they weren't, forgot about the adapter). Let's gets a few more UK / USA people in here and see if we can confirm this
  • tonefox Level 6 Level 6 (8,810 points)
    Page 10 of the user guide...

"Note: The SIM eject tool is not included in all countries or regions."

It looks like the UK got them and the US didn't. Probably because here in the UK we wouldn't be smart enough to think of a paper clip.
    That is looking to be the case.

Maybe that is why our iPhones are a bit more expensive over here (even with adjustments for tax).

Nice to see we do get some advantages!
    LOL, problem solved then.
    Credits for being the only one to actually read the user guide
    I read it cover to cover (sad I know, but it helps on here).
    I never one minute thought that the area they would exclude it from would be the good old U S of A.
    It really must be a money saving idea. They will cost something to make and include, if you multiply that by a few million then it will be a significant sum. Still it does seem a bit petty to not provide it.

Sorry guys for doubting you.

Message was edited by: Ian Parkinson
Previous 1 2 3 Next