Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSync, iMate K-Jam and WM5

Hi, I've bought an iMate K-Jam (Qtek 9100 or HTC Wizard), that runs WindowsMobile 5 WM5 😟
I'm wondering how to syncronize it with my PowerBook G4.
I've looked through mark/space and PocketMac, but it seems both the developers didn't support WM5 yet.
Any suggestions?
Tnx in advance,
Giangiacomo

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Nov 27, 2005 11:05 AM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2005 1:24 AM in response to Michael Lafferty

oh, tnx Michael!
altough that's a pity...
iSync &c aside, is there any way to copy the contacts stored in my Mac (AddressBook) to my KJam? (besides a manual-data-entry of course!)
It seems my Mac's Bluetooth can't actually "see" my KJam device... Even plugging the USB cable hasn't been useful...

tnx,
Giangiacomo

Nov 28, 2005 5:31 AM in response to Giangiacomo Castelfranchi

Ok, I've chatted with an iMate's technician.
The answers have been:
(1) Apple and Microsoft are competitors, and therefore Apple does not support a Windows-Mobile-based phone (strange argument, for e.g. HP and Lenovo are competitors too, but Lenovo supports HP's printers! - maybe that's not the most fitting example, but You've got the idea, haven't You?);
(2) You can get a third party SW at Mark/Space;
(3) uh, yes, You're right: Mark/Space (and PocketMac too) doesn't support WM5 yet;
(4) ah, altough disappointing (verbatim), yes, there is no way to export Your contact from the Address Book to the KJam.

Now I'm gonna try to syncronize my previous phone (Nokia 6630) with iSync, and than syncronize my Nokia with my Pc (yes, I admit it: I've a Wintel too...but I hate it!), and finally I'll syncronize the KJam with Outlook.
I fear it will be a mess, but I'll try: I guess there's no other way out!

iSync, iMate K-Jam and WM5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.