Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard stuck on in App Store!

I searched for an app earlier and since then the keyboard has been stuck 'on' instead of disappearing after the search like it used to do. This means all I can do now is type and search but I can't look in the Categories or features sections or anything. I've tapped all over the screen and the keyboard will not disappear. I updated to OS 4.0 on the release day and haven't encountered this issue until now. Does anyone know how I can get the keyboard to disappear so I can use the App Store properly again?

Toshiba Satellite A500, Windows 7, 64-bit

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 2:01 PM

13 replies

Sep 16, 2010 8:16 AM in response to xbabe82517

This happened to me on my iPhone 4 and was driving me INSANE. Here's the simple fix: 1. Type anything into the search field, which will produce a list of apps; 2. Tap on any app; it doesn't matter which one; 3. When the "Info" screen for that app appears, scroll down to the "Report a Problem" button (right below the button which displays the app's rating) and tap it. As soon as you do so, the virtual keyboard will finally disappear, and when you tap "cancel", the App Store will return to its previous state with the icons ("Featured", "Categories", "Top 25", etc.) across the bottom of the screen. WHEW!

Oct 20, 2010 12:13 AM in response to bradnh

Yup, happening on my iTouch 4G as well. First time I've ever made a comment on an app and then this happened ! The tip about going to the "Report Problem" or "Write Comment" section and then cancelling does temporarily "fix" the problem. But as soon as you use the search bar the problem returns.

Obviously the real fix is for Apple's engineers to correct the software issue that are causing this and issue a patch or an update of some sort. I think with a market valuation of 50 billion dollars, Apple could afford to devote a little time to this. I'm always hearing about how "Apple's stuff just works". I like my iTouch but this problem and a few other issues it has is causing me to keep an eye on the emerging Android market. (Steve, can you hear me ?)

Keyboard stuck on in App Store!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.