Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo sync gives error -50

Just trying to sync my iPhoto library with my iPod. Just after the update is starting an error is shown: error -50.

Does anyone has a clue how to solve this.

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Nov 27, 2005 11:07 AM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2005 7:26 AM in response to nickz

Eventually I could solve it by creating a new iPhoto library.

Open iPhoto with the <alt> pressed. Then you will be given the option to create a new library.
This worked for me. Good luck.

Dec 11, 2005 10:36 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for the info. It did work when I created a new library, however, I didn't want to lose all of the rolls and albums I have created in my old one. I tried to move all of my old files into the new library, but the iPod problem came back. It would seem the problem is somewhere in the iPhoto directories that were in my old library. I'll have to think about this one. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Feb 3, 2006 10:13 AM in response to nickz

It did work when I created a
new library, however, I didn't want to lose all of
the rolls and albums I have created in my old one. I
tried to move all of my old files into the new
library, but the iPod problem came back. It would
seem the problem is somewhere in the iPhoto
directories that were in my old library. I'll have
to think about this one. If anyone has any ideas,
please let me know.

Did you ever solve this? I have iphoto 6, and a ipod video 60g. All I get is the complete library of photos. When I choose "Sync with iPhoto" no albums are on the list. The other choice, Photo Library, is just a dump of everything.

Is there a fix other than createing a new iPhoto library?

Photo sync gives error -50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.