Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 photos do not appear on places map

My Iphone 4 photos will not appear on the places map function without powering down then back up again. Any thoughts why?
Thanks.

Iphone 4 32gb, iOS 4

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 3:07 PM

7 replies

Aug 21, 2010 5:48 AM in response to dmiannay

Playing around with the camera and then looking at Photos and selecting Places. Even though Location Services for the Camera is showing up in the Locations settings when I take a photo then go back to Photo and select Places the photo is not showing up under the pin. If I power the phone down then back up the newest photos show up under the Places.

According to the iPhone manual it states the Camera app "may" ask you to turn on location services if it is turned off. I turned mine off and was not prompted to turn it on when I started up the Camera App. Turning it on the photos still didn't show up in Places.

I have Camera + as a second camera app. It's photos don't show up either despite it registered in Locations in the Settings. Maybe it's presences is screwing things up.
I then removed it from the phone and resynced. No change.

These are photos I'm taking indoors but Maps shows my location. I went outdoors and took one photo. Still doesn't show up in Places.

The last thing I did was delete all the camera photos, shut the phone down, power up, remove Camera and Photos apps from the background list. I took one photo and it showed up in Places. The next photos taken didn't. Locations for Camera is broken. I'm sending feedback to Apple. My iPhone 4 is on 4.0.2

Aug 28, 2010 2:43 PM in response to KRitchie

I haven't done that thorough of a testing, but I see the same thing: I was exploring the Places map for the first time and thought it was fun. But I realized that the pictures I took with my iPhone 4 didn't show up at all there.

Camera is active under Locations services.
I don't have any other camera app.
I sync'ed to iTunes thinking that maybe iPhoto was doing the necessary (though it'd be stupid). Nope.
I restarted the phone. Nope.

So, I hope this will get fixed because I was starting to enjoy the Places for the first time with approximate locations (1st gen iPhone). I would enjoy it more with the GPS…

Cheers,

Tim

Sep 1, 2010 1:30 PM in response to Deepsaltwater

It would be great to have some further understanding of whether there is a problem with geotagging functionality or not (yoohoo Apple!). I am in the USA on a 3 week motorcycle road trip and am finding pins missing in 'Places'. Such a shame as wanted to log photos in places along the way. My location services is set to on for all. Would appreciate assistance to understand if the problem can be fixed locally (i.e. On my phone), if possible please.

Iphone 4 photos do not appear on places map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.