Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iPod Classic Play Movies or Videos?

Hi... I have two iPod Classics (80GB & 160GB) and was wondering if they are capable of playing movies or videos? If not... Are any of the iPods capable of doing this?

Thanks!

Dual 2.8 Quad 18GB RAM 22xSuperDrive M-Audio iControl Korg nanoKontrol/nanoPad, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 20" Cinema Display, HK Sound Sticks, Logic, Edirol Keyboard Controller, Reason 4

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 5:44 PM

7 replies

Jun 27, 2010 6:06 PM in response to James Bearde

But the 160GB model can play movies I buy from the iTunes store?

Yes.

If so... Is it a matter of just downloading the movie from the iTunes store and than synching (transferring) the movie onto the iPod?

That and authorizing the computer, either by briefly playing the movie or the Store menu in iTunes.

(52443)

Jun 27, 2010 6:35 PM in response to Niel

I know this is the wrong forum for it but is it the same with my iPad? I apologize for my lack of knowledge about movies/videos but I want to make more use of my technology if possible. It would be nice to watch a movie while waiting for an appointment somewhere...

I also have "Digital Copies" which come with my Blu-Ray movies I buy. Is there also a way to get these "Digital Copies" onto my iPod or iPad for use?

Can iPod Classic Play Movies or Videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.