Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nail polish streak on screen - how to remove?

I accidentally scraped a finger with red nail polish across the corner of my MacBook Pro's screen. There is now a small red scrape across it and it's really bugging me. I know nail polish remover would get rid of it but would it also damage the screen? what is the best way to clean it?
any help would be amazing!! thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 9:06 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2010 10:12 AM in response to kiki48

Is your Macbook Pro one of the newer unibody models with the glossy screens? If so, you may try some rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab to try and remove it. Not sure about nail polish remover -- that's basically acetone, which will eat through pretty much anything. It's safe on glass or metal, but I definitely wouldn't use it on a matte display, and would be hesitant to use it on even a glossy LCD panel since there may be a surface coating that isn't evident.

If you have a matte screen I would try something like iKlear, or a cleaning agent specifically designed for LCD screens. I would be very wary or using rubbing alcohol or any other solvent on a matte screen.

nail polish streak on screen - how to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.