Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need screen protection?

I like the idea of getting a screen protector for my iPhone4, but dont want to compromise the screen touch performance, view angle or display quality. Anyone using a screen protector that can give feedback on any of these.
Is it necessary? I've heard that the new glass is pretty tough.
I carry my phone in my front pants pocket, so it will see some hard wear.

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 5:13 AM

9 replies

Jun 28, 2010 5:21 AM in response to mrsoboyle

the glass DEFINITELY scratches easily. I have scuff marks on the back just from keeping it on my desk. Tiny ones, but scratches non the less. I didnt have a case for my 3g, and it stood the test of time pretty well. Light scratches, nothing that really was an issue. If you want your screen protected id advise a pouch, thats what ive just ordered. I wouldn't want a veneer between my finger and the screen because however good they are they surely must reduce sensitivity by some degree.

Also apparently the iphone glass shatters VERY easily, just like any glass, so i think a soft pouch etc is a wise purchase anyway.

Jun 28, 2010 5:29 AM in response to mrsoboyle

I have a screen protector and I have to say the difference it makes, (in my opinion obviously), is very small.
I remember the first iPhone I got, (without protector), I was extremely annoyed to find my screen scratched slightly one day. It will happen, no matter how careful you think you are. The time you really notice it is when you hold it up next to a brand new iPhone.
Get one. It means when you do eventually pop it on eBay, you won't have to include the phrase, +'A couple of Minor scratches'+ in the description.

Jun 28, 2010 6:21 AM in response to mrsoboyle

I picked up a ifrogz case for it over the weekend, protects the phone pretty well, wraps around the sides and covers the antennas, but does not protect the the screen except at the edges.
So film seems to be the answer, but which product is the best?
Suggestions on which screen protector is best for touch sensitivity, and is invisible?

Jun 28, 2010 6:29 AM in response to mrsoboyle

I got a ZAGGs invisible shield for my iphone 4 and put it one right away. I love it. It doesn't mess up the screen resolution at all. It has a little different feel to it, but its nothing thats to hard to get used to. The main thing that sold the invisible shield to me was that it still showed off the awesome beauty of the iphone. I do believe that you need some kind of screen protector.

Do I need screen protection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.