Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUG: Reconnect Media... can't cancel on either window....

I've reported this bug to Apple, thought it was worth a mention on here.

When relinking to clips and searching a directory, if you application switch away while FCP searches a big directory... when you switch back, the finder window will be behind the FCP relink window. At that point you can't get either window's buttons to work, so you can't complete the relink or cancel the operation. The only exit strategy seems to be a force quit.

2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 8 GB 800 MHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Kona 3, XServe RAID, FCP 7 suite v.7.0.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 7:24 AM

10 replies

Aug 12, 2010 5:23 PM in response to Wyatt G

KABLOW!!! So this is a common problem that me and my editor brethren have encountered. I just figured out a solution by accident. Hold down Command+Option and click the bar at the top of the file location dialogue. it will allow you to activate that window and either find the file or cancel it.

it's been a bane in this office so we just had a round of hi-fives and i came here to post it. way more excited than i should be.

Jan 18, 2011 2:19 PM in response to tencuidados

You, Sir or Madam, are hereby dubbed The Patron Saint of This Tragic FCP Flaw...

"Thank you" seems somehow inadequate. I can't even tell you how many times I've force-quit because of this bug. Today, it was after resurrecting a project of considerable size, that I decided it was worth looking into.

My next pint will be in your honor.

(Seriously)

Nov 13, 2011 4:25 PM in response to avideditor

Just to chime in here - this is NOT an FCP bug - it is a bug in OS X.

You will find this issue happen to a number of differnet applications, including Final Cut and After Effects.

The bug is caused by SPACES, and occurs when OS X fails to bring certain modal boxes to the front when you go back to the applications.

I had tried the hide "other apps" but did not know till this thread that you had to hide otehr by command option clicking on the title bar.

Thank you tencuidados - YOU ROCK.

NOTE TO APPLE: This is a bug in SPACES - please report this to the appropriate group!!!

Bold so people can find it in a hurry:

COMMAND-OPTION-CLICK ON THE TITLE BAR OF THE STUCK DIALOG BOX

BUG: Reconnect Media... can't cancel on either window....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.