Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS4 won't email photos?

Since updating, I can no longer email photos. I can email text but emails with photos won't send.
How do I fix this?

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 10:21 AM

18 replies

Jul 10, 2010 1:02 PM in response to denton.shanks

Same problem here iPhone 4 - camera takes photo, hit email. write msg, nothing.. I can go to my email outbox and there it is - waiting to send manually.

Is any progress or solution happening on this issue?

SOLVED: I was using the Exchange setup to sync mail, calendar, contacts with my gmail acct. When I created a standard gMail setup on the phone and chose that as my email - the photo sending from the camera started working again. So I turned off mail in the exchange setup so it only syncs contacts and calendars now and the regular gmail setup syncs mail and notes. Not sure if thats the right way to dod that - but it seems to work.

Message was edited by: macvoodoochile

Jul 18, 2010 11:10 AM in response to Carol Gold

Solved the problem...

The emails getting stuck in the outbox when emailing from the camera roll directly seems to be a bug in iOS 4.0 when you have your Gmail account set up for IMAP and also the same Gmail account set up under Exchange Sync. I had my Gmail account turned on for Exchange sync, but I also had my old IMAP Gmail account, albeit inactive (just to save it in case I needed it as a backup), but still showing in the list of email accounts.

The fix? Delete the IMAP Gmail account from the list, and try to re-send a new photo from camera roll. It will no longer get stuck in the outbox! Seems like iOS 4.0.1 does not play well with having the same email account set up multiple ways (in this case, IMAP and Exchange).

iOS4 won't email photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.