Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching E-Mail slower in 10.6 than in 10.5

Hi, I updated my computer from 10.5 to 10.6. The upgrade went pretty smooth but now when using the search box to search my e-mails the beachball spins noticeably longer than it did before when i was on 10.5.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Macbook pro c2d, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 3:01 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2010 5:53 AM in response to integlspwr

I updated from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and I had loads of problems.... Apple have really messed up with this one... I feel like I'm using Windows again!

The whole Mac experience seems to be deteriorating the bigger Apple get... shame with such a huge budget they can't get it right... This update messed up our wiki's and we had to do a complete re-installation to get it working... very expensive mistake to update to 10.6.4

Now I've just noticed the same issue you're having... searching in Mail takes much much longer and hangs for at least 5-10 seconds. So much for an improvement...

Someone at Apple should get the boot for this one... very very poor!

They should publish the number of bug notifications which people report so we can all see just how big a screw up it is... I'd bet the persons involved at Apple to ensure things like this don't happen would work much more diligently!

Searching E-Mail slower in 10.6 than in 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.