I am receiving an error when trying to launch the iPhone Configuration Utility on a Windows machine. I get iPCU has encountered a user-defined breakpoint. I get it every time I launch it. This worked just fine before the update to iTunes 9.2.
No uninstalls or reinstalls seem to fix it. Any suggestions?
I'm sorry, I have to revive this topic. The solution that you provided is for another problem, not this one.
I will explain exactly what happens. I'm using Windows 7 (I suppose iPCU works on Mac OS). I installed it, ran it, and it worked fine. But when I tried to open it again a couple of days after (I restarted my iOS, so I had to do the same thing I did with iPCU), it said "iPCU has encountered a user-defined breakpoint". And the funny thing is, I installed it again on an another computer with Windows 7 in my house, and it also worked when I first opened it, but not the
Please, if someone has a solution, we would be very grateful.
I am in the same boat -- iPCU was previously working fine, now gives me this error every time. Tried all kind of uninstalls & reinstalls, upgrades and downgrades as well as the "solutions" provided here to no avail.
Didn't work... I think the problem is a bit more complicated than that. The people in Apple probably didn't write iPCU so well for Windows. And I don't blame them, I don't like Windows either. Soon I will upgrade to Mac, can't wait 🙂
I ran into the same issue "...ipcu.exe has encountered a user-defined breakpoint...".
Ran iPCU on the same machine as a different user.... worked just fine.
To resolve for the user w/ issues, I first uninstalled iPCU from Add/Remove, then manually had to go in and remove all profile-specific files & folders. For this particular machine ( Windows Vista Enterprise ), the following folders required deletion:
I managed to solve my problem, but I didn't manage to run iPCU. So, as I said, I managed to run it once, but not after that. So that first time I created a profile configurafion (for my college's wireless), but I had to restart my iPod software, and I the configuration installation on my iPod was lost. I recently found out that a configuration profile is an XML file, and I've searched my computer if maybe it didn't delete itself upon uninstallation of iPCU, and it didn't 🙂
So, what I did was upload it on a server, and typed the URL in my iPod, and it worked, it asked me to install the configuration 🙂
So, if anyone by any chance has already made a configuration profile on his iPCU, and he needs to install it again, but cannot run iPCU anymore, he can upload it somewhere and do what I did. If he needs a server, he can contact me, and I can upload it for him (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The path of my configuration profile (Windows 7) was: C:\Users\Your
username\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\MobileDevice\Configuration Profiles
(You have to have "Show hidden files and folders" enabled)