Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Order of Photos on MobileMe Album

Hi All.

I am trying to organize a series of Albums to post to MobileMe and to then embed the link to these albums in my business website.

Is there a way for me to /order/ the display of the photos in each album?

I would like to be able to control the order in which the photos get displayed so that there is some kind of coherence.

Is there a way to do this in MobileMe after the Album has been published?

Can I do something like number the photos sequentially 1 - 25 or whatever in iPhoto /before/ I publish them?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Mac OS X (10.6.3), Mac Pro, MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 6:18 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2010 7:02 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi. Thanks very much for the answer.

I have not yet published the photos, but I would like to.

I think the issue is that they are not currently named in a manner that would allow me to sort them in iPhoto so that they were in an order that is the same as the order that I want them to appear. Some of the images (I believe) are not named in a way (chronological by number in this case) that will allow me to sort them by name and have them work. Also, because these were originally PC images I think some of them have metadata that will not allow me to sort them by date - which would be ideal in this case.

I will doublecheck this but can I ask you if this means that I would then have to /manually/ number them from one to whatever, sort by name and then publish?

Can I also ask you if there are any options for re-sorting once published?

Thanks.

Jun 29, 2010 10:44 AM in response to Hotwheels22

You can sort the photos in an iPhoto gallery manually. Select the View->Sort Photos->Manually menu option. Then move the photos to the order you want. There's no reason to have to change the Titles of the photos.

Once published, reorder the photos in the iPhoto gallery and republish. The online gallery will change. The sorting options for an iPhoto gallery are the same as for an album:

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

Order of Photos on MobileMe Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.