Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VGA Adapter not working with a projector at work

Hello,

I've been preparing some presentations (the first one in less than 2 hours!!!) using my Mackbookpro, then transfer them onto my ipad, where I retouched them so they would look better.

I tested the VGA adaptor at work with my LCD TV.. it worked. Then at work I used a pc monitor, it worked.

but went to the meetings room, plugged in the projector and nothing happened. the iPad doesn't seem to be recognising it. There no video out, in keynote the play button doesn't appear within a square like it should.

Is there anything I can do?
Apple should put a control panel to handle the VGA out 😟

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo Santa Rosa 2.4 ghz 4gb ram 160gb hdd + iMac 2.2ghz, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 12:11 AM

12 replies

Jun 29, 2010 8:48 PM in response to Jose M Olaya

I had the same problem and I am really irritated at Apple that they did not give better instructions. I am teaching at a university in China and was promised that if I could connect the VGA adaptor It would work and of course, it didn't. A professor in the engineering department figured it out. When you are connected and open Keynotes, a white box show in the upper right hand corner with the other information. Select it and you should be able to figure out where to go from there. Since I'm not currently connected to a projector, I can't give you specific instructions, but that's where you get started.

May 9, 2013 1:35 PM in response to Ian Baba

Posting in a 3 year old thread is not very productive.

Whatever is available now surely wasn't there 3 years ago. Mirroring in particular hadn't been introduced to the iPads in 2010. so the answer as was given at the time is correct.

As for yout problem, the Original iPad does not support mirroring. iPads 2 throigh 4 do. The iPad 4 however requires the new Lightning Digital Av Adapter.

As the Lightning to 30 Pin converter does not support Video output of any kind.

May 9, 2013 2:10 PM in response to Phil0124

As in my original posting question I have an iPad3 but can't get it to connect to any of three different projectors using a VGA to 30pin adapter cable -- a Sansung, an Epson, and an HP. The Apple store replaced the initial adapter, but that didn't solve the problem. The technical information from Apple suggests that the set up I have should work to give me display mirroring, but it doesn't. When I connect any of these projectors to my MacBook Pro they all work without difficulty. I want to be able to use my iPad so that I can utilize certain features on the iPad.

Sorry about not noting when you had originally posted your comments, but I am new to using this way of trying to get solutions to my problems on my Apple products.

May 9, 2013 2:21 PM in response to Ian Baba

Assuming you are using this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC552ZM/B/apple-vga-adapter

If you are using this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A/apple-composite-av-cable

Then it won't.

Have you tried resetting the iPad? Hold down the Power/Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple Logo Appears. This shoudl reboot the iPad. Then, with the projector on, try to connect the VGA adapter to the iPad.

VGA Adapter not working with a projector at work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.