Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI and ATV Venting

I just want to vent.

Last night we rented a movie, the movie started and just got a white screen. Turned off receiver and back on still white screen. Rebooting ATV DID resolve the problem.

I just want to say I am getting tired of continually rebooting my ATV. I have to do this quite often now that I am just going HDMI through my receiver (which is a decent quality Denon). I mostly have issues where there is no sound and the only solution is rebooting ATV. Now this white screen last night. Ugh. Just work!

I don't have any more Toslink inputs on my receiver otherwise I would use that setup as I did on my older receiver which didn't have any HDMI. I am using a decent HDMI cable to boot plus just recently reset my ATV and reloaded all updates hoping that would fix the problem.

I really hope Apple is coming out with something new...especially now that Hulu offers Hulu Plus...maybe there is still hope. Only need Pandora now...please migrate ATV to IOS. 🙂

By the way, I have had my ATV since software version 1 and Yes I have posted my frustrations through the Feedback section of Apple.com.

Thanks for listening.

2010 MBP 17" i5 4gigs, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 10:19 AM

2 replies

HDMI and ATV Venting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.