Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Requires a newer version of iPad software

I am getting a lot of message stating that "The application "Twittelator" was not installed on the iPad because it requires a newer version of iPad software.

I used the Twittelator example, but it is happening with several apps.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2010 9:06 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2010 6:37 PM in response to rkkeller

This is terrible. I had functioning iPhone apps that I use on my ipad. That's supposed to be how it works, right? Sure the screen is double the size, and it's a little pixelly, but I'm ok with that. It was a major selling point for the IPad, if you will remember...
but now, as the iphone developers update their apps for iOS4, they suddenly are NOT compatible with iPad anymore? And I have to wait until November? Very disappointing.

Jul 5, 2010 6:52 PM in response to Kenjo

Sorry - an update:
It seems that while iphone apps updated for the iOS4 software won't run on iPad, iTunes didn't delete the previous version from my iPad, even though the newer version has been updated in iTunes. So I guess I will have to keep using the old version, (and seeing the error message) until iOS4 is released for ipad. Bah!

Requires a newer version of iPad software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.