Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle screensaver and Aperture weirdness

I have an album in Aperture called Wallpaper which I use for the desktop wallpaper (cycling through the images) and the Shuffle screensaver. This worked fine in Leopard+Ap2 but since u/g to SL it works OK until I add or delete a project in Aperture when the screensaver switches to another album.

I have finally taken the plunge and u/g to Ap3 (3.0.3) and was hoping that maybe the new format of the Ap3 library may fix this problem, but it hasn't.

It always switches to the same album - one which I have never used for the screensaver (so it's not remembering an old choice) - yet the desktop wallpaper works fine, i.e. it always uses the Wallpaper album.

Anyone else have this problem and, more importantly, is there a fix?

MacBook Pro 15", 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB, Mac OS X (10.6), black iPhone 3GS 32GB, 32GB iPad

Posted on Jul 2, 2010 1:44 AM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2010 12:26 PM in response to Goldorak84

Here's what fixed the problem for me...

Hold down the "Option" and "Command" keys together, and then start Aperture. It will come up in repair mode. Select the first option: Repair Permissions

With 20,000+ photos in my library, it took about 1-2 minutes to run through the entire library. It reset all permissions to photos and folders t the "current owner" (i.e.me).

After doing this, Aperture, it's folders, events, etc. all show up in the System Preferences Screensaver list.

Shuffle screensaver and Aperture weirdness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.