Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook-Reader Application for Mac?

It would be nice if, when I'm at home, I could sync up my iPhone's iBookmarks, and continue reading on the big Macintosh screen Is there any Mac application to read iBooks sync'ed with my iPhone/iPad?

Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Xeon, MacBook Pro 17", iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 2, 2010 9:33 PM

11 replies

Feb 15, 2011 10:38 PM in response to mr88cet

I wonder how many people have done this...

I have sent the request in (3 times, just to be sure)...

I hope Apple does this for us... I would certainly purchase more iBooks if I could read them on my laptop... (I already read so much there already... the web, pdf files, pages docs, etc... etc...)

If anyone submits the feedback to create an iBook reader for mac, maybe they could post it here... just to see how many are requesting it?

Feb 16, 2011 6:52 AM in response to JF Grissom

JF Grissom wrote:
If anyone submits the feedback to create an iBook reader for mac, maybe they could post it here... just to see how many are requesting it?

I suspect that would run afoul of the "no polls" clause in the TOU. And how would it really help? Apple presumably knows how many people are requesting it and they're the only ones who can take decide whether or not to take action on the suggestions.

Best of luck.

Mar 9, 2011 3:14 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

"And how would it really help?"

Good point - sort of...

It would at least let others (not Apple) see if there is interest... Isn't that what forums like this are for, to share the collective knowledge of the people who use forums?

Clearly Apple already knows... Their ability to see what we're searching for is only one of many avenues that give them visibility into the demand. If there is demand that is.

If they are paying attention or not is another story.

My good intention (that you were kind enough to take the time to stifle... hehe) was to help everyone who finds this page to get an idea of how many people are sending in a request... (Apple can see it, but you and I can't...)

*Your point is well taken however.* This isn't the place for that sort of activity.

This topic is not that active anyway, so likely there aren't many people looking for an iBook reader on the Mac...

Sigh...

I guess, Kindle has its market share for a reason. In this case it's still the winner...

Oct 29, 2011 1:01 PM in response to mr88cet

I bought my first iBook on my iPod this week while I was on the road. It was the new Steve Jobs biography. I figured I could continue to read it on my iMac when I got home. I was surprised to find there is no app for this!

The funny thing is, while reading a review of the book, someone said they didn't buy the iBook from Apple, but got the book from Amazon because they provide a reader for the Mac. I briefly wondered what he meant. Now I know. I guess I should have got the Kindle version instead.

I have sent feedback to Apple about this. I don't know why I can get a Mac Kindle reader but not one for Apple iBooks!

iBook-Reader Application for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.