Skip navigation

Strange behaviour of Safari (Date formars / Apple.com login)

912 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2010 11:51 AM by ~Bee RSS
Jose M Olaya Level 1 Level 1 (145 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 3, 2010 11:08 AM
Hello,

I've been experiencing some very weird behaviours in Safari lately. The weirdest one is that whenever I go to an online forum, the date is shown in Unix date format, instead of "human" readable format.

I attach these two screenshots.. one with Safari, the other with Firefox.

Safari http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112449/0/time_Safari.png
Firefox http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112449/0/time_Firefox.png

Moreover.. when I try to log in the discussions.apple.com boards, I enter my login and password, then I get a "An error ocurred", with Firefox everything works great.

I tried resetting Safari, emptying the caches, deleting the preference plist files.. everything!!!

Any hints?
MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo Santa Rosa 2.4 ghz 4gb ram 160gb hdd + iMac 2.2ghz, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • ~Bee Level 7 Level 7 (30,580 points)
    Jose --
    I don't know what could be causing the date format problem, but
    In your Discussions login -- does either or both your real name or alias have an accented charactor?
    Like José?

If so, type them in without the accents.
    The AD boards here developed a problem with this months ago, and it is still on the list to be fixed.
    15" MBP; 20"iMac Duo; 12 PB G4; mini; and a few more., Mac OS X (10.6.4), LaCie Ext. HD
  • ~Bee Level 7 Level 7 (30,580 points)
    Ok, that's fine.
    So as it is now, there are NO accented letters in your alias AND real name.

Then that's not it.
    I was hoping is was.
    15" MBP; 20"iMac Duo; 12 PB G4; mini; and a few more., Mac OS X (10.6.4), LaCie Ext. HD

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.