Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Set A Photo As the "Album Cover" on iPhone 4?

I know how to sync photos to my iPhone from individual folders on my MacBook. But the programs seem to have a mind of their own when setting the photo that appears in the "Albums" listing under "Photos" on the phone.

I've tried numerous things, like changing the file name of the photo I want to appear first (which is the default album cover) to "0001.jpg."

But no matter what I do, the same photos in one particular folder keep showing up as the "first" / cover photo in this particular album, even though the file name starts with "k". In fact, I tried re-naming the photo to something starting with "zzzz" and it STILL showed up as the first photo in the collection.

I even tried renaming the folder I'm sync'ing this particular album from and THAT didn't make any difference!!

So, uh, anybody got clue? Seems to me whatever is the first alphanumeric filename should be the first photo, but that's not quite cutting the cheese here...

Thanks,

--PS

MacBook 2.4GHz; MacPro 2x3.0GHz Dual Core; iPods, iPhones, Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.5), After 28 years of DOS and Windows... I've come into the light...

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 2:45 PM

1 reply

How Do I Set A Photo As the "Album Cover" on iPhone 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.