Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid MAC Address, Please try again msg on Netgear DGN2000 with IPhone 4

Hope this helps someone
I have an Iphone 4 and I use a Netgear DGN 2000 WIFI Router using access control to restrict WIFI access, when I went to add the Iphone 4 I got the error "Invalid MAC Address, Please try again"

This is because the Iphone 4 the MAC address starts with 60 and the router demands it to start with 00

To resolve this I entered the MAC address using 00 to get it entered and then “Backup Settings” to a folder on your PC, the file is called netgear.cfg, once located open in Notepad, find your entry and change the 00 to 60 and save, then from your Router "Restore Saved Settings from a File" using the file you edited.

Worked on mine

It may be a good idea to save a duplicate of the backup file before editing in case it goes horribly wrong!

Iphone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 5, 2010 1:20 PM

There are no replies.

Invalid MAC Address, Please try again msg on Netgear DGN2000 with IPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.