Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocky Export to Quicktime

This seems to have just started happening and I do not know what changed to make it this way.

When I export my edited project to Quicktime, using the same settings, my resultant video like a bunch of tiny, random, blocks.

Any ideas what is causing it?

2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2gb RAM

Posted on Jul 5, 2010 5:11 PM

10 replies

Jul 5, 2010 5:49 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

HDV 1080i60

Yes, I am exporting to Quicktime, but not Quicktime Compression, just straight Quicktime. The movie looks fine in the editor. I tried a previous movie and that exported just fine as well.

Maybe this footage is somehow corrupted?

I just used Export to Quicktime Compression and I exported it to an iPod video and it looks just fine. This is very strange.

Jul 5, 2010 6:54 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes, in fact there was no rendering needed. I imported two clips from my HD Video cam, cut a couple of scenes together, and that's it. The video plays fine within the preview window.

I just exported them using Quicktime Compression using the HDV 1080i60 settings and it worked just fine... go figure? I hope this does not continue. I use the Export to Quicktime quite a bit. 😟

Blocky Export to Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.