This discussion is archived
4081 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2010 3:45 PM by Jess650
Currently Being ModeratedJul 6, 2010 9:22 AM (in response to Vegasdave1972)I just figured it out I had to re pair my phone to the car as a new device.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 7, 2010 6:29 PM (in response to Vegasdave1972)Hello,
I am having the same problem with my iPhone 3GS and I tried deleting the device and adding it again and the problem is not fixed, is this what you did?
Thank you.iPhone 3GS, iOS 4, none
Currently Being ModeratedJul 8, 2010 7:56 AM (in response to JenS3)I have the same issue has anyone been able to resolve this? 3gs with OS4 and sync will not download phonebook.NA, iOS 4, NA
Currently Being ModeratedJul 14, 2010 6:13 AM (in response to Vegasdave1972)I resolved this issue with some help from Ford. They have a special dept that deals with sync. They are aware of the problem. Your version of Microsoft Sync needs to be updated to 1.3. You must go to syncmyride.com and create an account(you will need the vin # of your car). Then you will need a memory stick to download 1.3. Take it to your car and install. Then your phonebook will download. You can call Ford at 800-521-4140. They will walk you through the process. Very helpful. I am a little disappointed with Apple they should be more aware that there is a problem(however they gave me the # of Ford).iphone4, iOS 4
Currently Being ModeratedJul 16, 2010 9:40 AM (in response to Vegasdave1972)I got the iPhone 4 to work. If your Sync software is older than version 1.3 then this may work.
Here is what I did.
1. Put your iPhone 4 "ON" Airplane Mode. (Settings - Airplane Mode - set to ON)
2. Deleted all Bluetooth devices from the Sync Menu.
3. Get a blank or empty thumb drive and get the Sync software update version 1.3 download from syncmyride.com on the thumb drive.
4. Plug it into your USB port and start your car.
5. Find the section in your Sync Menu to Install Applications and tell it YES to install.
6. DO NOT shut the car off or remove the thumb drive until it finishes speaking to you the second time. (could take 20 min., but mine was done in 8)
7. Once it is done talking the second time, shut the car off, and open one of your doors.
8. Remove the thumb drive and then restart your car.
9. Turn your iPhone 4 "OFF" Airplane Mode. (Settings - Airplane Mode - set to OFF)
10. Make sure your Bluetooth is ON your phone as well and use the Sync Menu to add a new phone.
11. Follow the instructions to add the phone and download the phonebook into your Sync.
12. When you are all done in the car, you need to put the thumb drive back in your computer, and finish the last step on syncmyride.com to update your version.
That did it! If you have trouble you can call Sync and they can help you complete the process.
I hope this helps!iPhone 4, iOS 4, Microsoft Sync Ver 1.3 (now)
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2010 3:45 PM (in response to Vegasdave1972)Is Microsoft Sync version 3.1 the latest? Because that is what I have and I don't see any other available updates on the Sync website. I just bought the iPhone 4 this past Sunday and the USB port in my 2010 Ford Escape doesn't even acknowledge when the phone is plugged in. Nothing happens.MacBook Pro, iOS 4