4259 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2010 3:45 PM by Jess650
I resolved this issue with some help from Ford. They have a special dept that deals with sync. They are aware of the problem. Your version of Microsoft Sync needs to be updated to 1.3. You must go to syncmyride.com and create an account(you will need the vin # of your car). Then you will need a memory stick to download 1.3. Take it to your car and install. Then your phonebook will download. You can call Ford at 800-521-4140. They will walk you through the process. Very helpful. I am a little disappointed with Apple they should be more aware that there is a problem(however they gave me the # of Ford).
I got the iPhone 4 to work. If your Sync software is older than version 1.3 then this may work.
Here is what I did.
1. Put your iPhone 4 "ON" Airplane Mode. (Settings - Airplane Mode - set to ON)
2. Deleted all Bluetooth devices from the Sync Menu.
3. Get a blank or empty thumb drive and get the Sync software update version 1.3 download from syncmyride.com on the thumb drive.
4. Plug it into your USB port and start your car.
5. Find the section in your Sync Menu to Install Applications and tell it YES to install.
6. DO NOT shut the car off or remove the thumb drive until it finishes speaking to you the second time. (could take 20 min., but mine was done in 8)
7. Once it is done talking the second time, shut the car off, and open one of your doors.
8. Remove the thumb drive and then restart your car.
9. Turn your iPhone 4 "OFF" Airplane Mode. (Settings - Airplane Mode - set to OFF)
10. Make sure your Bluetooth is ON your phone as well and use the Sync Menu to add a new phone.
11. Follow the instructions to add the phone and download the phonebook into your Sync.
12. When you are all done in the car, you need to put the thumb drive back in your computer, and finish the last step on syncmyride.com to update your version.
That did it! If you have trouble you can call Sync and they can help you complete the process.
I hope this helps!