Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Word Documents & Exporting them as Word?

I am a novice when it comes to IWork since I just transitioned over from Microsoft office Stdent 2007 to a Mac!
My last laptop died and I transferred all my word docs and pics over to a flash drive. What's the easiest way to import them into Pages and then be able to export them back to my flash drive so I can also use them as word documents on my desktop?? Also how would I export a pages doc in word format so that an office user can read it?

Thanks!

Tiffany

iPhone 3GS, iPad 64gb -3G, HP Pavilion Dv6338se, HP Desktop, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 4:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2010 6:20 PM in response to TiffanyNicole

TiffanyNicole wrote:
I am a novice when it comes to IWork since I just transitioned over from Microsoft office Stdent 2007 to a Mac!
My last laptop died and I transferred all my word docs and pics over to a flash drive. What's the easiest way to import them into Pages and then be able to export them back to my flash drive so I can also use them as word documents on my desktop??

Just open them from inside Pages

+Menu > File > Open > browse to your thumbdrive and select the file+

or double click on the file in the thumbdrive, normally it will open in Pages, if not:

+right click on file in Finder > Open with… > browse to Applications/iWork/Pages > OK+

Also how would I export a pages doc in word format so that an office user can read it?

You either +Menu > File > Save as… > down bottom > check Save Copy as: > Word document+

or +Menu > File > Export… > Word+

Peter

Importing Word Documents & Exporting them as Word?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.