Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating keyworded iPhoto Library from Aperture export

I have gathered and edited in Aperture 3 several projects of photos for a client. Upon completion of the editing, I will create an iPhoto Library of the organized images (keyworded and in albums) for the client who is a basic iPhoto user.

I know when you import images into Aperture from iPhoto, the keywords come over. Is the same true in reverse? I want to get the fullsize images (not just the previews) with keywords into a new iPhoto Library.

Suggestions for best achieving this?

Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 11:59 AM

As long as you have "include Metadata" checked in your export presets when you export versions, the keywords will come over.

Getting iPhoto to honor your albums will be a bit more tricky. Maybe you should include the album name in your keywords so you can quickly recreate the albums in iPhoto. There are other options, but this is as easy as any I can think of.

DLS
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2010 11:59 AM in response to xtravoice

As long as you have "include Metadata" checked in your export presets when you export versions, the keywords will come over.

Getting iPhoto to honor your albums will be a bit more tricky. Maybe you should include the album name in your keywords so you can quickly recreate the albums in iPhoto. There are other options, but this is as easy as any I can think of.

DLS

Creating keyworded iPhoto Library from Aperture export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.