Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent mail does not synch

Hi

I use Mac Mail with OS 10.5.8 on my iMac and 10.6.4 on my MacBook; I have a couple of IMAP accounts. On both machines the settings are the same, but my sent mail only appears on the machine from which is it sent, and there is no way I can get it to sync. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Many thanks!

Steve

iMac / MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 2:21 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2010 4:29 PM in response to StigB

StigB wrote:
I use Mac Mail with OS 10.5.8 on my iMac and 10.6.4 on my MacBook; I have a couple of IMAP accounts. On both machines the settings are the same, but my sent mail only appears on the machine from which is it sent, and there is no way I can get it to sync.

If your Sent e-mail folder is "on my Mac", you'll have to change it so that sent mail is stored on the server. Look at Mail's Accounts preferences, "Mailbox Behaviors" tab. You should make that settings change that on every mail client.

Jul 8, 2010 3:26 AM in response to StigB

In the mail app on the left side, you should be able to see the folders that belong to each IMAP account. If you flip down the triangle, you will see its subfolders. If using gmail, for example, flipping down will show the inbox, sent mail, trash, etc. You need to click on the sent mail folder and from the mailbox menu, choose "Use this mailbox for... Sent Mail". This will tell mail to use the server's sent mail folder instead of keeping sent mail only on the local machine. I hope that helps. I think this works with multiple IMAP accounts, (it will make a pull-down arrow next to the sent mail). Good luck, I hope that helps.

McKenzie

Sent mail does not synch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.