Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 4's Wi-Fi is slower than 3GS, is yours?

I've got an Airport Extreme Gigabit N router and when I look at the Wireless Clients page on the AirPort utility, it shows that the iPhone 4 is connected at 39 Mbps and the iPhone 3GS is connected at 54 Mbps. My other devices... MacBook Pro, MacBook and two AppleTVs say 130 Mbps.

Under type it shows iPhone 4 as 802.11b/g/n and iPhone 3GS as 802.11b/g.

Can anyone confirm better than 39 Mbps for iPhone 4? Is this to be expected?

Posted on Jul 7, 2010 7:32 PM

7 replies

Jul 7, 2010 8:33 PM in response to zeroio

zeroio wrote:
I've got an Airport Extreme Gigabit N router and when I look at the Wireless Clients page on the AirPort utility, it shows that the iPhone 4 is connected at 39 Mbps and the iPhone 3GS is connected at 54 Mbps. My other devices... MacBook Pro, MacBook and two AppleTVs say 130 Mbps.

Under type it shows iPhone 4 as 802.11b/g/n and iPhone 3GS as 802.11b/g.

Can anyone confirm better than 39 Mbps for iPhone 4? Is this to be expected?

Depending on how you set up your AirPort Extreme, your iPhone 4 may not be connecting at N speeds. Furthermore, there are dozens of reasons why your network might run into a bottle neck with your iPhone 4.

I have a similar configuration, and both my iPad 3G and iPhone 4 are running at 54 Mbps. My MBP is running at 103 Mbps (but it's a bit far away from the router). My AppleTV runs through an ethernet, so no speed issues there. My old iPhone 3GS (old...LOL) ran at 54 also.

My 4's Wi-Fi is slower than 3GS, is yours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.