Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not fetching new mail from server

Hi

I use mail for my Gmail account and my University's account. Recently, it's not fetching new mail from both servers. I deleted both accounts and signed in again from the preferences, it works, after a couple of days or so it doesn't fetch again.

Please help.

White MacBook, iPhone 3G, 64GB WiFi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 7:01 AM

8 replies

Jul 9, 2010 12:12 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

The connection doctor strangely shows 4 accounts not 2, the first one and the second one are right, the other two are smtp.gmail.com:MY EMAIL, they all show Connection and login to server succeeded.

The activity shows:
Preforming pending operations
copying message

Synchronizing with server

[Gmail] Communicating with server
Fetching new mail

Fetching new mail

but the blue bars on the right are all lagged, they're not moving, and next to them are red circles.

Jul 10, 2010 11:36 AM in response to Hotsouma

Have you not reported the presence of two smtp.gmail.com?

If you have been or are intending to access your Gmail as an IMAP, then remove the account, and add it back again. Before adding it back, remove any SMTP referencing Gmail at Mail Preferences/Accounts/Account Information by clicking on the arrows beside the name of one of the SMTP and choosing Edit Server List. Highlight each that reference Gmail, and remove them. Then allow the setup of the Gmail account to automatically add the smtp.

Ernie

Mail not fetching new mail from server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.