Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 mobile safari cache problems

Hi and thanks in advance for the help.

I am seeing an annoying problem in mobile safari on my iPhone 4. I frequently browse news aggregator sites and tech blogs with links to other webpages and articles on other sites. After clicking through a link and reading an article, I usually use the back button to return to the aggregator website. The problem is that quite often when I hit the back button, I am taken to an old version of the page. For example, the headlines on the news aggregator site will be yesterdays headlines. Or the articles on, say, gizmodo will be articles from yesterday and it appears I'm on the homepage, not further down the article list, but the articles are all old. If I hit refresh in the toolbar, the current page loads again. This happens even when I started on the current, up to date page before clicking a link. I start with today's headlines, click through to an article, hit back, and yesterdays headlines appear.

It seems to be loading some old cached version. Why is it doing this? Anyway to fix it?

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 11:14 AM

23 replies

iPhone 4 mobile safari cache problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.