Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bricked iPhone 3G after iOS4 upgrade attempt

I tried to upgrade my iPhone 3G to iOS4 last night and all seemed to have gone really wrong. After leaving it overnight to upgrade I found it stuck this morning trying to recover. It only makes it to 50% on iTunes (~25% on the phone) and then sits there. It does not freeze or time-out.

I tried to re-start the process and it knows it needs to do a recovery. I plug it in, restart the recovery process and it stops again at the same point. Any thoughts on how to do a completely forced recovery. I am not happy with the fact my phone was working perfectly fine on 3.1.3 up until I tried to do the upgrade. If anyone has any thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 8:06 PM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2010 9:15 AM in response to renderbox

My 3gs was bricked during the update from 3.1.2 to 4.0 as well. It gets the very end of the restore/install and gives me error 1013. I've tried 3 different computers, 2 windows, 1 mac, 3 different cables, 2 calls to senior tech support and no one even knows what error code 1013 means. Best I got was a repair order to have them ship me a new one. Does anyone know how to install ios4 without using itunes? This is obviously a problem with the phone itself and not my computers.

Bricked iPhone 3G after iOS4 upgrade attempt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.