Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New page in Numbers

I have a spreadsheet for checking account and a chart at the bottom. I want the chart to start on a new page, because sometimes the chart is cut in half. Half on one page and half on the next. Since the length of the table increases with each entry I can not always have the chart where I want it. If I could have a "New Page" command just above the chart, it would always be the way I want it.

Thanks in advance

Dennis

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 5:59 PM

Hi Dennis,

Numbers does not have "pages". Pages are defined in Numbers only when you are printing or preparing to print. The rest of the time, a Numbers table is an object placed on a (large) sheet.

You could place your chart on a separate Sheet from the table which is driving it. Viewing the chant would mean having to click the tab for the sheet containing the chart, but, without the growing table to push the chart down, it would also mean the chart will stay in a fixed oction on that Sheet.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2018 5:59 PM in response to edwardsx

Hi Dennis,

Numbers does not have "pages". Pages are defined in Numbers only when you are printing or preparing to print. The rest of the time, a Numbers table is an object placed on a (large) sheet.

You could place your chart on a separate Sheet from the table which is driving it. Viewing the chant would mean having to click the tab for the sheet containing the chart, but, without the growing table to push the chart down, it would also mean the chart will stay in a fixed oction on that Sheet.

Regards,

Barry

Dec 7, 2018 3:56 AM in response to edwardsx

Hi Dennis,

I am wondering why you need the chart at the bottom of that sheet. Could the chart be at the top? Could the chart be over to the right? Do you need to print that Sheet?

Numbers works best with a Sheet for input (not for printing) and another Sheet with a nicely formatted "Presentation" (for printing).

Take a look at the Template Chooser > Personal Finance > Personal Budget to see how the Budget Sheet uses the SUMIF function to "pull" the sum of each category from the Transactions Sheet into a summary table and charts..

Or, with another example (not related to a checking account). The "Input & chart" sheet is not designed for printing.

Copy the chart, Insert another Sheet (renamed "Presentation"), delete the default table and Paste.

That copy of the table will reflect changes that you make to Table 1 on the "Input and chart" Sheet. Add another row

And the chart copy updates.

Regards,

Ian.

New page in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.