Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave
Question:

Question: How do i open multiple files at a time in the same application on MacOS High Sierra?

How do i open multiple files at a time in the same application on MacOS High Sierra??

Ever since one of the latest upgrades I can no longer have 2 or more files open in any application apparently, even screen shot, preview, PDF, etc. Is there a way to enable this or change something in my settings? Thx.

Posted on

Dec 6, 2018 4:28 PM in response to Barney-15E In response to Barney-15E

No I am not in full screen mode. It didn’t used to do this before one of the recent upgrades. Now if I open a file in say pdf and then want to open a second pdf file and see them both it closes the first one as soon as I open the second file. Very frustrating. I have searched my preferences everywhere to see if I may have accidentally chose the wrong setting but cannot find anything related to this problem. Help!

Dec 6, 2018 4:28 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: AngieMSWC

Question: How do i open multiple files at a time in the same application on MacOS High Sierra?