Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ecg not showing up in app

I have the latest iOS and watchOS. When I go to either the health iOS app or the watch app there is no ecg option. When I tap the ecg on the watch and open the health app nothing happens.

Any ideas? I rebooted both devices.

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 10:38 AM

Thanks for asking about the new ECG feature. 

Check here for availability in your region: ECG

ECG will not work on beta versions of watchOS or iOS and requires the current version of iOS and watchOS.

For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles.

Heart rate notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 - Apple Support

If you have any other questions please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Take care

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2018 10:38 AM in response to mickeddie

Thanks for asking about the new ECG feature. 

Check here for availability in your region: ECG

ECG will not work on beta versions of watchOS or iOS and requires the current version of iOS and watchOS.

For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles.

Heart rate notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 - Apple Support

If you have any other questions please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Take care

Dec 7, 2018 9:44 AM in response to GioK57

I was 99% sure I was running the non-beta version of 11.1.1 but I did the following anyway:

Delete the iPhone beta profile.

Unenroll from the beta program and then reenroll.

Download ads the profile again.

Go to Settings > General > Software Update and you will be given the opportunity to reinstall 12.1.1

I’m pretty certain it’s the same version I was running but it still fixed the problem.

Dec 7, 2018 10:46 AM in response to mickeddie

I suffered the same issue of not being notified that the ECG app was available. I tried rebooting phone and watch to no avail. What finally worked was removing the public beta profiles from both the watch and phone. When I did an OS update check, they both updated even though they were already up to date. Once they came back up, the Health app presented me with the ECG dialog and it works fine now. So, if anyone is on the beta iOS/watchOS or even has the beta profiles installed, delete them and check for an update.

ecg not showing up in app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.