Question:

Question: ecg not showing up in app

I have the latest iOS and watchOS. When I go to either the health iOS app or the watch app there is no ecg option. When I tap the ecg on the watch and open the health app nothing happens.

Any ideas? I rebooted both devices.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Thanks for asking about the new ECG feature. 

Check here for availability in your region: ECG

ECG will not work on beta versions of watchOS or iOS and requires the current version of iOS and watchOS.

For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles.

Heart rate notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 - Apple Support

If you have any other questions please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Take care

Posted on

Dec 6, 2018 5:49 PM in response to mickeddie In response to mickeddie

What watch do your own? In order to use ECG, you must have Apple Watch Series 4. If you have Series 4, are you by chance using beta software? If you are using beta software, you'll need to unregister from beta and download the public version of Watch OS 5.1.2

Dec 6, 2018 5:49 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 6, 2018 7:01 PM in response to mickeddie In response to mickeddie

When you look at the apps on your Apple Watch, do you not see ECG? In settings you'll see Heart Health, not ECG. If you see the app for ECG, tap it like any other app and it will walk you through setting it up with your Health App on your iPhone.

Dec 6, 2018 7:01 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 6, 2018 7:31 PM in response to mickeddie In response to mickeddie

Same. Apple Watch 4. Just updated it to the latest software. My phone is a 7+ and is running 12.1.1. I open the ECG app, it says to open Health app. I open Health app and nothing. Even when I am in Health app and go to Health Data > Heart there is no ECG option.

Dec 6, 2018 7:31 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 7, 2018 4:09 AM in response to mickeddie In response to mickeddie

Oh, good, I'm not alone. I have Apple Watch 4 running 5.1.2 and my iPhone X is running 12.1.1, but the Health app does not open up with the "What's new in the Health app" screen. It's as if the Health app itself is a previous version.

Dec 7, 2018 4:09 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: mickeddie

Question: ecg not showing up in app