Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts not updating

Just today several of my podcasts stopped updating. I get "an unknown error occurred (0x80090318)"

I tried a full uninstall and reinstall of iTunes since that worked last time I had a problem like this on my old laptop. But it didn't work this time and the same podcasts still won't update.

I also tried but there's no other software in that seems to be interfering.

Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 6:27 AM

And do other shows update normally, or are you able to download other content, e.g. store purchases? You might try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows or running iTunes as the administrator to see if that helps. Which version of Windows?

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies

Dec 8, 2018 9:29 AM in response to turingtest2

All other podcasts are updating normally. I've never "bought" anything from the iTunes store.

This is Windows 10. I don't think it's permissions because I can make any other edits in my library file (which does go back 3 computers to 2003). I can download individual episodes from the podcast's pages in the store but resubscribing gives the same error. Even "show all available episodes" doesn't work.

I'm starting to suspect it's something about the feed being https and my version of iTunes having outdated security options (TLS 1.0 or something). I've been avoiding updating iTunes at all costs but it might be unavoidable.

Dec 8, 2018 9:32 AM in response to turingtest2

All other podcasts are updating normally. I've never "bought" anything from the iTunes store.

This is Windows 10. I don't think it's permissions because I can make any other edits in my library file (which does go back 3 computers to 2003). I can download individual episodes from the podcast's pages in the store but resubscribing gives the same error. Even "show all available episodes" doesn't work.

I'm starting to suspect it's something about the feed being https and my version of iTunes having outdated security options (TLS 1.0 or something). I've been avoiding updating iTunes at all costs but it might be unavoidable.

Podcasts not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.