Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe CS6 on MacOS Mojave.

My adobe illustrator CS6 wont open on MacOS Mojave. It had asked me to install a java update which i did.

I get the below message after i had done the update and try opening illustrator.

Please can anyone tell me what to do?

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 6:28 PM

11 replies

Dec 6, 2018 6:43 PM in response to femi256

They list illustrator as incompatible but are working to resolve it. See below.

Adobe has tested the latest versions of Adobe Creative Cloud applications for reliability, performance, and user experience when installed on Intel-based systems running macOS 10.14 Mojave. The latest versions of all Creative Cloud products are compatible.

Is Adobe aware of any issues, bugs, or odd user experiences when using Creative Cloud or Adobe Acrobat® products with macOS Mojave?

We are aware of some issues that users may experience after upgrading to macOS 10.14. We are working hard to resolve these issues in a forthcoming release.

See here

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/macos-mojave-compatibility.html

Jan 11, 2019 3:51 AM in response to Questioner37

I believe your understanding is perfectly correct Questioner37, however you would find that you need to re-install the entire Adobe CS6 as you cannot isolate just one software from the suite.

What i did was uninstall/delete only illustrator from my computer then initiate the entire suite reinstall to isolate illustrator. If you choose only illlustrator from the cloud download, you would get an empty shell software file.

What i would like to pass on is, best to reinstall the entire suite without isolation, that way one does not tinker with the original packaging of Adobe CS6 suite.

Hopefully this explanation will make sense to you, if not now, when you get to doing it.

Jan 11, 2019 9:21 AM in response to femi256

O.k., Thanks very much. I am entirely dependent on CS6 for the work I do. So your answer is very important to me.

The version of CS6 I'm using is an upgrade from version CS5.1. (That folder in my Apps folder shows only the program plus extras etc.) The CS6 box itself reads: Adobe Illustrator - no mention of the suite and I'm pretty sure I never owned or installed the entire suite - I don't have any other of the suite programs. (The CS6 folder in my Apps folder shows only that program plus extras etc.

I'm going to go ahead with the Mojave upgrade, reinstalling CS6 if necessary. Thanks again.

Adobe CS6 on MacOS Mojave.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.