Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to erase a deceased ID on ipad

I received an iPad from an estate in which I am the authorized executor. I have been given the run around by a person in apple digital estate who requested all kinds of documents which I provided.......he abandoned the request before the ID was erased and I can still not use this iPad.........can someone help me? I have the case number but dont know where to go with the request ........Thanks for anyone that can help.........B

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 6:36 PM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2018 6:49 PM in response to barbarafromberlin

contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Dec 8, 2018 7:18 PM in response to barbarafromberlin

Thanks for the response Eric Root. I have done all those things and have a ressponse from their security department that the iPad is released and they sent me a link to give me the steps to use.........however I get a response every time in itunes that this I-dad cannot be restored......I was hoping there might be guru on here that can help me.............

How to erase a deceased ID on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.