Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nonexistent messages

My texting app thinks I have 3 unread messages, but I don’t! The little number just won’t go away. I’ve tried restarting my apple device, but that didn’t work. I don’t know what to do! Please help!

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 6:05 PM

Hello I_Am_Wale.

If I'm understanding correctly, you have notifications of unread messages, however when you check there are none. I will be glad to help.

Let's try the following steps to turn off notifications, restart, and turn notifications back on to see if it clears these from our article: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

• Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. Settings > Notifications, select the app, and turn off Allow Notifications.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2018 6:05 PM in response to I_Am_A_Wale

Hello I_Am_Wale.

If I'm understanding correctly, you have notifications of unread messages, however when you check there are none. I will be glad to help.

Let's try the following steps to turn off notifications, restart, and turn notifications back on to see if it clears these from our article: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

• Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. Settings > Notifications, select the app, and turn off Allow Notifications.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications. 

Cheers.

Nonexistent messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.