Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the EKG application not available to people who aren't American?

Hi there,

I recently purchased this $800 watch so that I could monitor my heart activity through this EKG/ECG application and haven't been able to see it install itself or been prompted to install it from the health app on my iPhone.

After a few hours of searching I think I have uncovered the reason.

Apparently it's only for Americans, I don't know why this would be the case, perhaps it's to do with approval from the American Food and Drug Administration company for release there.

Can someone please verify this for me and why it is being advertised as being available when I am pretty sure it's not?

Regards,

Super

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 12:24 AM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2018 8:53 AM in response to super-ru

Thanks for asking about the new ECG feature. 

Check here for availability in your region: ECG

ECG requires the current non-beta version of iOS and watchOS.

For additional help with the ECG feature on your Apple Watch, take a look at these articles.

Heart rate notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 - Apple Support

If you have any other questions please reach out to our team here: https://apple.co/HeartFeatures. If you believe that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial your local emergency services.

Take care

Is the EKG application not available to people who aren't American?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.