Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth doesn't work in Windows 10 Bootcamp without SMC Reset

Is there anything that can be done for a more permanent solution than resetting the SMC before booting into windows 10?

This appears to be the same problem described here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8553867

I didn't have this trouble with Bootcamp under High Sierra, but this is not a big enough problem to warrant rolling back to HS. Is there a way for me to download an older version of the BT driver?

MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 9:26 AM

Similar questions

21 replies

Dec 12, 2018 11:25 AM in response to macographer

Found the MM. Connected both the MT and the MM and both worked properly in MacOS. I think I'm beginning to see the source of the problem. This time when I when into Windows, those devices appeared in the bluetooth devices list as paired. However, they do not work correctly. Despite turning off and turning back on, the devices do not connect and do not function in Windows.

Check if

• BT/WiFi collaboration is enabled
  • Windows is not allowed to turn off the devices to save power

Actually, it looks like the MT is saying that it's connected, but it doesn't function. The pointer doesn't move with it, and scrolling doesn't work. Also, turning the MT off does not disconnect the MT. The built-in trackpad works, and I'm currently using the MX Master 2 connected to the Logitech unifying receiver.

The unifying receiver typically uses a RF Receiver connected to a USB port on the Mac, so it is not truly a BT connection to the Mac's BT radio.

Dec 7, 2018 11:20 AM in response to macographer

I've been attempting to follow the advice to disable or remove the default BT driver using the pnputil.exe utility, but I am also unable to find it in the list, or by browsing exported driver files.

I also used 7zip to extract the driver installation files, and when I attempted to select the BtwSerialBus-dev.inf file directly, it said the driver was incompatible. Perhaps this is part of the reason why the installation fails. How is it possible for the Mojave operating system to be interfering with the configuration of drivers in a completely separate OS?

Dec 12, 2018 6:03 AM in response to Loner T

Found the MM. Connected both the MT and the MM and both worked properly in MacOS. I think I'm beginning to see the source of the problem. This time when I when into Windows, those devices appeared in the bluetooth devices list as paired. However, they do not work correctly. Despite turning off and turning back on, the devices do not connect and do not function in Windows. Actually, it looks like the MT is saying that it's connected, but it doesn't function. The pointer doesn't move with it, and scrolling doesn't work. Also, turning the MT off does not disconnect the MT. The built-in trackpad works, and I'm currently using the MX Master 2 connected to the Logitech unifying receiver.

Dec 13, 2018 12:37 PM in response to Loner T

I didn't see any option for BT/WiFi collaboration. I'm not entirely sure I looked in the right place, but I went into device manager, opened preferences for the Broadcom network adapter, and went into the Advanced tab.

I did disable the option for windows to turn off the bluetooth radio to save power.

I did notice some different behavior for the MT, it says "connected" in the BT devices screen, but it doesn't function, and when I turn it off, it the status does not change to "paired". I am still unable to connect the Xbox One S controller or the MM. I also attempted to pair the controller in MacOS, but the device did not appear in the BT devices screen, and when I attempted to pair it, the device appeared in the "Add new device" screen, but never successfully connected.

Bluetooth doesn't work in Windows 10 Bootcamp without SMC Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.