Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten Restrictions Pass code

I've forgotten my son's iPad restrictions code and I want to reset this with minimal data loss since he has a lot apps and data that he uses for school and study.

I've tried using back up software to retrieve the password data but it seems Apple has now made it that you can either back up with encryption, which saves passwords, or without encrypted, which does not save PW info.

I'm wondering if I back up the device without encryption, then I restore the iPad to factory settings, then use the non-encrypted to back up to restore the iPad, will the restrictions setting be gone but minimize data loss?

Please let me know if anyone has tried this and results/outcome.

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 10:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 12:34 AM

As I said on your duplicate post, the Restrictions passcode will be included in a backup, irrespective of whether or not you encrypt the backup - you will either need to remember the passcode, restore to a backup taken before you set the code, or reset the iPad back to factory defaults.

1 reply

Forgotten Restrictions Pass code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.