Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting Awards section in Activity app on iPhone

Can anyone tell me how to do it? I contacted Apple on phone and chat with no luck. I've cleared out all the health data and deleted it from iCloud and tried just about everything but I cannot completely reset the Activity app.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 3:15 AM

I managed to do this but it is not easy and may take you a few tries.

You not only loose the app data but you have to set your phone up as new not from a backup. So think about this before you try. And there is no guarantee that it will work. I found it by trying.

1) Unpair your watch.

2) Go to setting/your name/iCloud/health and turn off and delete. (If it is turned on)

3) In the health app remove the watch as a source and delete all it’s data

4) Setting /general/iPhone storage

find the watch app and at the bottom delete all backups

5) Setting/general/iPhone storage

find the activity app and delete the app and all data

6) Hard reset the phone

7) Start the pairing of the watch up to the point after you get a few screens in, no need to go too far in hit the back button and it will tell you it is cancelling the pairing. Say ok

8) Repeat steps 4 (if there’s any backup made) and step 6 & 7

9) Go to setting/your name/iCloud /iCloud backup and back up now

10) Now pair your watch and set up as new

I had to do these steps 2 or times in order to clear everything. Omitting step 9.

One you’re happy with the results go to setting/your name/iCloud/health and turn on health for the cloud (if you had it turned on at the beginning) and redo step 9. Then make sure you watch shows as a source in the health app you may need to set it’sthe priority as well

When you pair your watch one of the steps the install does is download the activity app so you don’t have to. Let the install do it.

Like i I said this is what worked for me. It may or may not work for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2018 3:15 AM in response to mcmacked123

I managed to do this but it is not easy and may take you a few tries.

You not only loose the app data but you have to set your phone up as new not from a backup. So think about this before you try. And there is no guarantee that it will work. I found it by trying.

1) Unpair your watch.

2) Go to setting/your name/iCloud/health and turn off and delete. (If it is turned on)

3) In the health app remove the watch as a source and delete all it’s data

4) Setting /general/iPhone storage

find the watch app and at the bottom delete all backups

5) Setting/general/iPhone storage

find the activity app and delete the app and all data

6) Hard reset the phone

7) Start the pairing of the watch up to the point after you get a few screens in, no need to go too far in hit the back button and it will tell you it is cancelling the pairing. Say ok

8) Repeat steps 4 (if there’s any backup made) and step 6 & 7

9) Go to setting/your name/iCloud /iCloud backup and back up now

10) Now pair your watch and set up as new

I had to do these steps 2 or times in order to clear everything. Omitting step 9.

One you’re happy with the results go to setting/your name/iCloud/health and turn on health for the cloud (if you had it turned on at the beginning) and redo step 9. Then make sure you watch shows as a source in the health app you may need to set it’sthe priority as well

When you pair your watch one of the steps the install does is download the activity app so you don’t have to. Let the install do it.

Like i I said this is what worked for me. It may or may not work for you.

Resetting Awards section in Activity app on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.