Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong gift card purchasing

I had purchased an app store gift card to on December 7. I would like to refund it as I purchased it's wrongly. It was supposed to be the iTunes one, not the App store. In Thai website, there is not much details about the different of these two since I searched for gift card and it showed up for the App store gift card which is the same name as application. I intentionally want to give the card for purchasing an application. My girlfriend, the one who received, also confirms that she didn't want this gift card instead of application. The reason why I didn't buy her apps directly is because I have no Apple devices and know not much about these things.

I really hope that you understand and could refund me the money, so I can give the right need to my beloved one.

Really in trouble with this topic to two days already. Wanted it to be my anniversary surprised gift. Please help.

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 12:51 AM

What type of card is it : What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support ? iTunes gift cards and App Store gift cards are basically the same thing, both can be redeemed onto an iTunes account and will be used wherever you use that iTunes account (iTunes, App Store, Bookstore, Mac App Store). Or is it an Apple Store gift card (which can only be used in Apple shops and their online store) ?

And we are fellow users on these user forums, nobody on here can refund you. (And if you did buy the wrong card, and assuming you bought it from Apple, they are unlikely to refund you, the most they are possibly able to is credit an iTunes account with the card's value.).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2018 12:51 AM in response to jeelom

What type of card is it : What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support ? iTunes gift cards and App Store gift cards are basically the same thing, both can be redeemed onto an iTunes account and will be used wherever you use that iTunes account (iTunes, App Store, Bookstore, Mac App Store). Or is it an Apple Store gift card (which can only be used in Apple shops and their online store) ?

And we are fellow users on these user forums, nobody on here can refund you. (And if you did buy the wrong card, and assuming you bought it from Apple, they are unlikely to refund you, the most they are possibly able to is credit an iTunes account with the card's value.).

Dec 9, 2018 1:50 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you so much for your kindness. Yes, I did buy the Apple store one. I basically have no idea the differences of Apple store gift card and app store gift card since I haven't use Apple devices for a long time abd the name does sound similar.

Anyway, I cannot contact anyone who can help me out with this. When I contacted to the iTunes support, they give me this link to ask the Apple Store guys instead. So I really have no idea where should I report this. I have been trying since the day that I wrongly purchased.. it should be a perfect anniversary gift..

Wrong gift card purchasing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.