Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t play playlists on HomePod ?

I don’t have Apple Music, and I don’t want Apple Music. I like the HomePod and have two of them. Wire for the love of God can I not have the HomePod play my playlist that are created with my Apple iTunes music that is on the cloud? I have purposely bought all of my music through iTunes for the last decade for the sole benefit of keeping everything in a single ecosystem. Now I buy the stupid expensive speaker and I can’t tell it to play a playlist unless I subscribe to Apple Music? F that.

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 6:53 AM

4 replies

Dec 9, 2018 7:12 AM in response to Schlonger

You can play any content you like from iTunes or your Apple devices using AirPlay. Independent playback on HomePod works with your purchases, or your iCloud Music Library if you have either Apple Music or iTunes Match. Playlists are only captured in the cloud if you have one of these two services, which is why HomePod cannot natively play your playlists when you don’t have a subscription.

tt2

Dec 9, 2018 1:51 PM in response to turingtest2

That’s just not acceptable. Apple can fix this. So I should just toss these overpriced speakers in the garbage? Apple can fix this. Everything else in the world is tied to my iTunes account in the cloud, so why don’t they make playlists cloud based? I pay plenty of my money every year to the company. Movies, songs, iPads, iPhones, accessories, cloud services. All goes to Apple. I didn’t buy this thing to enable Apple Music. They should make the HomePod the best it can be. Right now, it’s not.

Can’t play playlists on HomePod ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.