Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadPro is adding double spaces between each word in Facebook in Safari

Whenever I type anything, using either the physical keyboard attachment, or the touch screen keyboard, 2 spaces are added every time I hit the spacebar. So far this only happens when typing in facebook through Safari. How do I stop this? If I use any other web page or any other browser, the keyboards work normally. So far my solution is to just stop using Safari.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 2:00 PM

Hi Karma_Adjuster,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that when you're using Safari to view the Facebook website on your iPad, when you type there are two spaces added when you use the space bar. I also see that using different browsers and testing different websites does not yield the same behavior. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. I'd recommend using the steps in the following guide to clear your search history and cookies from the Safari browser and test the Facebook website again: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues, I'd recommend reaching out to the Facebook website support to report this behavior.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2018 2:00 PM in response to Karma_Adjuster

Hi Karma_Adjuster,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that when you're using Safari to view the Facebook website on your iPad, when you type there are two spaces added when you use the space bar. I also see that using different browsers and testing different websites does not yield the same behavior. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. I'd recommend using the steps in the following guide to clear your search history and cookies from the Safari browser and test the Facebook website again: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues, I'd recommend reaching out to the Facebook website support to report this behavior.

Best Regards.

iPadPro is adding double spaces between each word in Facebook in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.