Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find drop-down box in Studio Strings / Studio Horns

I recently got a new version of logic pro x and can't seem to find the dropdown menu for the studio strings and horns. All of the tutorials and photos online seem to have it -- the small triangle tick in the bottom left corner that opens up more possibilities with automations and controls. See the photo. I don't have that option in my program, which is currently up to date. I'd appreciate any help I can get to resolve this issue.

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 10:14 AM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2018 12:02 PM in response to Pancenter

That has some of the controls, yes. But I'm trying to access this frame -see photo- to manipulate the dynamic controller mode and use expression. If you don't have those controls, the dynamics via CC doesn't work correctly. I'm trying to articulate string and horn passages with the expression function. Essentially velocity + volume in a single flow without having to change functions in the control bar.

Dec 10, 2018 10:43 AM in response to Giraffula

Good one gnubee,

Putting Logic in Garageband mode as default, is one of the most insanely stupid things Apple has done with it's "Pro" software. There's been many who have come to this forum unable to figure out why tutorials don't match the software or why cool features are missing in their version. Not one person has posted a "Thank You Apple" for dumbing down my software. In the past I've taught AP music theory to high school juniors and seniors. One of the worst moves an instructor can make is to over-simplify or make "easy" a subject. It is teaching a lie.

Can't find drop-down box in Studio Strings / Studio Horns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.