Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music not playing through car radio

All of the sudden music won't come through my car radio. It shows up on the screen of my car radio, but comes through the phone speakers. It doesn't work with the aux or blue tooth

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 8:13 PM

Hi - that doesn't work. it would appear apple are trying to flick the problem. I have a paired phone but it will now not play music through my car bluetooth (Renault Megane). Previously there was no problem and it would seem to be as a result of an IOS upgrade on the Iphone as it suddenly stopped working.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2019 8:13 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi - that doesn't work. it would appear apple are trying to flick the problem. I have a paired phone but it will now not play music through my car bluetooth (Renault Megane). Previously there was no problem and it would seem to be as a result of an IOS upgrade on the Iphone as it suddenly stopped working.

Jan 8, 2019 7:11 PM in response to sulke

Obviously apple support doesn't read posts. I am tearing my hair out on this with still no solution as I spend a lot of time driving.

Renault Megane 2013. Voice works, you can see the songs on the screen but no sound. Very frustrating. Phone continues to work fine with other bluetooth devices.

Apple please help

Dec 10, 2018 5:48 PM in response to Jenkate360

Hi, Jenkate360,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand your iPhone won't play audio through your car stereo, just its own speakers, even though you see the songs on your stereo's display. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend following the steps outlined in the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support, particularly the steps about updating your stereo's firmware (check with your car's user manual or directly with your manufacturer to find out how).

Cheers!

music not playing through car radio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.